Author Topic: Old FSM kits?  (Read 2820 times)

SundayNiagara

• President
  • Fireman
    • View Profile
Old FSM kits?
« on: February 22, 2011, 09:29:07 AM »
The other day, I discovered some old, (I mean old) FSM kits. The three that interested me were the icing station, coaling station and depot.  My question is, will these kits fit in on a Colorado narrow gauge layout
Thanks,
Mark

PS:  The icing station had a $7.95 msrp on the box, so that's how old these are.

Dutchman

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Re: Old FSM kits?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 11:49:58 AM »
Mark,

It always come down to how close you want to stick to the prototype.  Myself, I think you could make any of the 'work' on a Colorado narrow gauge layout.  Is the depot the two storey one (kit 110)?   If so, I would probably model the central section only - not the two canopy sections.  The D&RGW had reefers, so they needed icing stations of some type.  The coaling station might be the biggest stretch.  If the price is right, I would jump on them.
Bruce

SundayNiagara

• President
  • Fireman
    • View Profile
Re: Old FSM kits?
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 12:05:11 PM »
Mark,

It always come down to how close you want to stick to the prototype.  Myself, I think you could make any of the 'work' on a Colorado narrow gauge layout.  Is the depot the two storey one (kit 110)?   If so, I would probably model the central section only - not the two canopy sections.  The D&RGW had reefers, so they needed icing stations of some type.  The coaling station might be the biggest stretch.  If the price is right, I would jump on them.

I can get the icing station for $40.  I'll call about the kit numbers and post the information.
Mark