Author Topic: New Modular Layout becomes Reality.  (Read 2322 times)

Tails

• Yardman
    • View Profile
New Modular Layout becomes Reality.
« on: August 10, 2011, 12:26:40 AM »
Well I spent the last few days starting my groups Modular Hon3 Layout. These pictures were taken before any track was laid, but we only got one modular worth of track laid down before we ran out of time, so its just a start.

Open to any reasonable comments.
Conductor
Georgetown Loop Railroad

bullbrauch

• Brakeman
    • View Profile
Re: New Modular Layout becomes Reality.
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 01:11:39 AM »
Tails,

Very nice start, it looks like there is room for lots of scenery!  I might consider adding a little more of a town in the lower parts of the RR.  What are the dimensions of each module section?

Brandan
Brandan

Tails

• Yardman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 10:04:26 AM »
Actually on the Bottom Right will be a modular with a Yard, Turntable, and Roundhouse on it, and were thinking right now that the town will continue into the yard.

Each modular is 4 feet x 5 Feet, except the yard modular, which is 4x4 feet
Conductor
Georgetown Loop Railroad

Tails

• Yardman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 10:31:23 PM »
The Layout is now on legs

Most of the track is also down, and we managed to run our first train last week. This week some discovery's were made, were having problems isolating the main siding, but we manage to isolate the town spur and the Yard spur (to the yet unbuilt yard)

We managed also had problems with the switches not being properly isolated, but a quick modification with the cut off wheel fixed that.

I had to add weight to my C-25, it struggles before under the weight of 2 or 3 cars on the 4% grade, but with the weight, its able to handle about 6 cars now.

Its all still a work in progress, but its slowly taking shape. We also started on all the wiring.

Conductor
Georgetown Loop Railroad