Author Topic: At last I get to do some layout work!  (Read 2702 times)

barrymk

• Yardman
  • Music and HOn3
    • View Profile
    • Rio Bozo Southern Blog
At last I get to do some layout work!
« on: January 09, 2012, 10:25:22 AM »
I finally started building my one-wall mountain and am looking forward to rock moulding.
Barry

Yes my Angel, I'll be down in a minute.....

barrymk

• Yardman
  • Music and HOn3
    • View Profile
    • Rio Bozo Southern Blog
The mountain she grows!
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 02:25:54 PM »
It feels so good to be actually modelling instead of planning. More info on my blog if you're interested.
Barry

Batey

• Fireman
    • View Profile
Re: At last I get to do some layout work!
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 06:42:26 PM »
Looks like its going to be some impressive scenery when it all comes together
Cheers Adrian

HOn3 Logging Modeler from Down Under

barrymk

• Yardman
  • Music and HOn3
    • View Profile
    • Rio Bozo Southern Blog
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 05:55:12 PM »
Hello Batey

I certainly hope to do it justice. I just received delivery of 25Kg of Plaster of Paris today so it's time to get down and dirty with the rock moulding.  I've (hopefully )improved my blog pages where I'm documenting my progress and working on the back story for the railroad which is fun. When they appear, my little people will all have their own identities such as my son-in law who is a motor engineer at the Aston Martin car plant here in deepest Warwickshire who will be modelled as "Desperate" Dan Webb the local truck and auto repairman and great friends and inveterate travellers Malcolm and (Prof) Catherine Pritchard who once treated us to a disastrous grand day out will be immortalised in "Pritchard's Independent Scenic Tours" with a dirty, broken-down charabanc.  It's nutty I know but it's cool to be able to create my own parallel miniature universe where my word is law!  (makes such a change from real life eh?)
Barry

Batey

• Fireman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 06:38:43 PM »
Hey Barry 25kg of plaster. Going to be needing a cement mixer  ;D

Have you seen the light weight foam rocks that a lot of the guys in australia are using?
Take a look at marios site.

http://modvid.com.au/html/body__frocks_.html
Cheers Adrian

HOn3 Logging Modeler from Down Under

barrymk

• Yardman
  • Music and HOn3
    • View Profile
    • Rio Bozo Southern Blog
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012, 07:01:51 PM »
Looks very interesting but I rather like working with plaster for rock making, call me old fashioned but I guess I understand it (as long as I don't try to rush it) and as the vast majority of the rockwork on my layout will be held on and supported by the brick wall, weight isn't a consideration, so I'll go with the plaster for now although I'm not looking forward to hauling the sack up the loft ladder, especially with a torn bicep muscle!  Perhaps the current Mrs K could be persuaded to help. Hmmm?   Cheers
Barry