Author Topic: Some New Brass for the Slate Run RR  (Read 2991 times)

Dutchman

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Some New Brass for the Slate Run RR
« on: March 04, 2012, 01:17:19 PM »
A friend of mine is getting out of HOn3 and sold me some vintage brass locos at a very reasonable price.

The largest is a NWSL model of a 50 ton GE end cab. Here is a picture with an HO standard gauge 70 ton GE end cab.

This one will be painted and lettered for the Slate Run RR.

The smallest is a 25 Ton GE loco sold by Mulvi Models. Cute little bugger.   This one will be painted an lettered for one of the online industries.

My personal favorite is this 30 ton Davenport offered by Westside Model Company. Other than covering up that Texaco logo, I have no intention of repainting it. Instead, it will be owned by a chemical company whose yet to be determined name will begin with the letter "N"

« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 07:10:20 PM by Dutchman »
Bruce

SundayNiagara

• President
  • Fireman
    • View Profile
Re: Some New Brass for the Slate Run RR
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 06:13:26 PM »
Cool!

jackpine savage

• Brakeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 06:59:24 PM »
That GE 50 tonner would make a great RTR plastic model.

Dutchman

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 07:45:07 PM »
Thanks, guys.

That GE 50 tonner would make a great RTR plastic model.

Jackpine, I agree.  In the meantime I have another Bachmann 70 ton GE like the one lettered for the Susquehanna, the magazine article on cutting it down to HOn3, and the NWSL wheelsets needed.  At some point, I will tackle that project.
Bruce

Dutchman

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 07:59:28 PM »
I just found a real gem that I bought as an early Christmas Present for myself.  This little Joe Works brass Shay runs like a charm!  It is a perfect size for the logging camps of western Pennslyvania, too.  It is based on at Mich-Cal prototype.

Here is a prototype shot:  http://www.gearedsteam.com/shay/images/michigan-california_lbr_co_2.jpg

And here is the little beauty - yet to be painted.

Bruce

Batey

• Fireman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2012, 10:09:48 PM »
Ive been in a habit for buying things that don't run so well and hence i have a bunch of dud locos. You seem to pick up some nice runners. I think one of these is on my to get list since they are know to be good runners.

Also are you in need of any log cars for your railroad? I started building some troutcreek engineering cars and can recomend them. Ill be starting a thread later in the week.
Cheers Adrian

HOn3 Logging Modeler from Down Under

Dutchman

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2012, 07:41:25 AM »
Adrian, my brass Forney was the exception.  It didn't run well at all.  A friend re-motored it, and it is a lot better now, but still not as smooth as this Shay or those diesels.

I look forward to seeing what you do with your log car build(s).  Disconnects were most prevalent in the PA woods, and I have a few of those plus some less prototypical log cars - some brass, some wood.  A few are built, but most are still in the box.
Bruce