Author Topic: LED Lighting on the Denver Golden and Clear Creek  (Read 6302 times)

CBryars2

• Yardman
    • View Profile
    • Denver, Golden & Clear Creek Railroad
LED Lighting on the Denver Golden and Clear Creek
« on: March 29, 2012, 03:17:44 PM »
Hi,

Been sharing over in HON3chat and thought ya'll might be interested.  I have a 3 deck 12 x 22 based on the Colorado & Southern Clear Creek branch.  For details here is the link: www.dgccrr.blogspot.com.  The middle peninsula acts as a type of "open" helix to move from deck 1 (Denver and Golden) to Deck 2 (Blackhawk and Idaho Springs).  Since it has a pretty decent grade (2-3%) it has tight clearance between levels, only about 11-16" lighting is a real issue.

Experimenting with LED's.  Found a vendor in Hong Kong who is reasonable, ships fast and has a (so far) good product.  Being new to LED's I did not know what light color was best, nor how much light would be needed.  Ran a series of tests with 300 LED per 5 m (roughly 18.75 LED per foot) vs 600 LED per 5m (roughly 37.5 LED per foot).

Also ran same test with 600 LED bright white vs 600 LED warm white.

Need to find out how to post picture so you can see results.  Any ideas?

Thanks Cameron \ OD

Thanks Cameron \ OD

Denver, Golden & Clear Creek Railroad
www.DGCCRR.blogspot.com

yrnmb

Re: LED Lighting on the Denver Golden and Clear Creek
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 11:57:52 PM »
I found your blog a few days ago, and I've enjoyed catching up on your progress. I'm looking forward to seeing how your RR turns out.

As for posting pics, I'm not an expert, but I have posted a few on here. I opened a Photobucket account, uploaded my pics on there, then added the link in my post on here. I post so few pics, I have to re-learn every time, but I think it's pretty self-explanatory if you use a site like Photobucket.

Bernd

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 11:05:53 AM »
Need to find out how to post picture so you can see results.  Any ideas?

Thanks Cameron \ OD

Cameron,

It quite easy to do. Right above the first four smileis in the reply page you'll see what looks like a small picture next to a small world. If you click on that you'll get  this (I had to insert spaces so I wouldn't get a little box with a red x in it) ---> "[ img ] [ /img ]" . Insert your link were your picture is located between the [ img ]picture location [ /img ] . You can either type the info in between the brakets or copy and paste. I host my own photo's on my web site and this is how I post pictures on a forum. Here's an example.

The second one will give you a link and will take you to that link to see the picture. Here's an example:

http://www.kingstonemodelworks.com/HOn3/HOn3-1.JPG

It'll take you to the same picture as the IMG. The IMG will post the picture here on the forum. The URL will take you (surf to) to the were the picture is hosted.

After you read this click on the "reply" to look at the code I used to do all of the above.

I know clear as mud. It took me a while too to figure it all out.

Good luck, and if you need help just shout. I'll see what I can do.
Bernd

BParrish

• Yardman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2012, 04:06:07 PM »
Bernd....

What if the photo is not at a link but in a file within your computer. If you put that location in between the two brackets, what tells it to up load the file to the posting?

thanx
Bob

yrnmb

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2012, 06:36:51 PM »
Bernd....

What if the photo is not at a link but in a file within your computer. If you put that location in between the two brackets, what tells it to up load the file to the posting?

thanx
Bob

Bernd may have different information specific to his method, but that's where a site like Photobucket comes in for the way I mentioned. I upload files (photos) from my computer onto Photobucket, then use the [ img ] Photobucket link [ /img ] method. Note, I added the spaces on each side of the "img", as Bernd did.

BParrish

• Yardman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2012, 07:17:18 PM »
Rob...

So does this mean that a photo cannot be uploaded directly from my computer?  Doesn't make sense.  I can do it on other forums and groups.

see ya
Bob

SundayNiagara

• President
  • Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2012, 08:16:51 PM »
Upload procedures are no different here.

BParrish

• Yardman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2012, 01:35:34 AM »
OK... 

Let's try it.

BParrish

• Yardman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2012, 03:22:07 AM »
Well that didn't work............

So........

after the logo for "insert image"....... where is the upload from local file button?

see ya
Bob

Bernd

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2012, 08:57:27 AM »
Well that didn't work............

So........

after the logo for "insert image"....... where is the upload from local file button?

see ya
Bob

Ok Bob,

I see how you want to upload. The two previous methods have a host like PhotoBucket or like me, I have a personal website that I link my photos' from,

Here's what you do. In the reply screen you'll see in the lower left a little blue box with an "+" in it with the words "additional Options" click on that. You'll see the word "Attach". Click on "Browse" in the box. Look for the pciture on your computer. Make sure the picture is no bigger that 128K or 640 X 480 pixel size. This size works great for uploads and save disk space that the forum runs on. Give it a try. Got questions? Ask and maybe we can get it straighten out.

Bernd

BParrish

• Yardman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2012, 12:11:17 PM »
Bernd.....

Here is a photo of an electric pick up from another conversation...  I've selected it but I still don't find any location that tels it to put it into the file......... but...........here goes...

thanx
Bob

BParrish

• Yardman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2012, 12:12:30 PM »
Bernd.............

Magic ! ! ! !

So now I need to find where the appropriate conversation was...................

Thanx again

Bob

Bernd

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2012, 06:46:14 PM »
Your welcome Bob.

Cameron was talking about lighting a 3 level deck with LED's.

Bernd

Batey

• Fireman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2012, 05:58:49 PM »
Hadn't checked into your blog for a while. I think i saw some updates on RR-line forum recently. I just love the work on the river.
Cheers Adrian

HOn3 Logging Modeler from Down Under