Author Topic: Very Quiet around here  (Read 2370 times)

Batey

• Fireman
    • View Profile
Very Quiet around here
« on: November 28, 2012, 01:58:21 AM »
Hey guys,
Ive been off the forum for a while. Noticed it has been very quiet lately. Either everyone has been to busy modelling or just not much to tlak about.
I have been out for about 6 months now chasing other hobbies (film photography). Decided that i needed a digital camera again for model railroading so hopefully ill be getting some things up to share again since we all love photos.

Modelling wise i haven't done much. I made a buch of code 55 no.5 turnouts using a fastracks jig. Dont have the space fpor the layout but enjoyed making the turnouts to use some time at a later date. Maybe i should make a test track on a shelf or something to learn hand laid track.
On the other hand i have been slowly working away on a buch of dioramams. Getting surouded by detail parts. way to many to paint.

Hope everyone has something to share.
Cheers Adrian

HOn3 Logging Modeler from Down Under

yrnmb

Re: Very Quiet around here
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 12:28:50 PM »
Good to hear from you. The only thing I have to share is that I've bought a few turnouts made on a Fastracks jig (Light Iron Turnout Co). I don't trust myself enough to make them on my own. Hopefully things will pick up around here. I need some inspiration.

ng492

• Brakeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 09:33:16 PM »
Hi Everyone,
I haven't doing much modeling lately, but I have been doing alot of narrow gauge photography and photoshopping! If it's alright with the moderators, I can post the link to the forum where I have been posting my photos.
I'm still planning on doing a layout, but I just haven't had the time to begin. And I can't decide on a plan! I hope to start a layout in the next year. When I do, I'll let y'all know.
Enjoy,
Blake

Batey

• Fireman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 10:34:34 PM »
The fast track jigs dont take to long to learn. Good soldering iron helps and i think using code 70 would be easier. Have to think about the time you spend making them though when looking at cost.

Blake would be happy to see some of your photos. everyone like pictures.

Cheers Adrian

Batey

• Fireman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2012, 06:09:52 PM »
Love the photos.
Would be great if you could take the time to post the photos in the prototype forum. Im sure there will be a few more people who will see them and aprechiate them in there.
Cheers Adrian

Dutchman

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2012, 07:54:10 PM »
Adrian,

I've just got back to some modeling again after a long spring/summer break!  I'll add some recent photos to my Slate Run thread.
Bruce

Batey

• Fireman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2012, 10:19:51 PM »
There has to be some others out there working on some things. Hope you can Start sharing and generating some nice discussion.

Ive got a number of projects i need to post up later in the week (busy week)

- A kitbashed LaBelle HOn3 caboose. Its started as a long caboose kit then i screwed up now its had a second life as a short logging caboose.
- A few more jordan kits to finish detailing
- FSM jacobs fuel is coming along nicely after a year gap im starting to enjoy this kit again. I jjst need to turn it into a diormama now since i dont have a HO layout.

- Most recently ive started some trout creek engineering log cars. First impressions they are nice. I will be doing a step by step photo thread of these ones.

See ya all until i get a chance to take some photos
Cheers Adrian