Author Topic: Another new one just starting Hon3 from Australia  (Read 1556 times)

Loco Chris

• Yardman
    • View Profile
    • Loco Chris's photos
Another new one just starting Hon3 from Australia
« on: February 19, 2013, 01:35:25 AM »
Hi from the land down under I have just made the start into Hon3 for space reasons.
I currently model in o scale and don't have room to continue the current layout in On30.
I like the big engines c & k class and as they require a lot of room in O have made a decision to give Hon3 a go I will go back to the o scale when more space becomes avalible ie new house with its own dedicated train area.
 With the current RTR models c & k class's + nice rolling stock it made the decision easy.

I'm not going to model a specific area or era I am going to be a bit different and model a tourist railroad taking ideas from the current D&S + C&TSR but freelance so no one can say that loco never ran with those cars.

For a start I have a b/s c19 bumble bee with a set of yellow coaches some k27's and on order some of the blackstone red coaches I am also on the lookout for a chilli line set of green cars these were out of stock at the shop I orded the red set from.
just to mix it up their is a selection of freight cars for the photo specials + 2 long cabooses I plan on filling one with people just like on special runs.

I will be making a start soon on the layout, it is to be the end of the line with a wye to turn the trains, making it the end of the line I can justify having several trains in the station area at one time just like on the tourist railroads. If I can workout how to post pics I will start a topic in the layout section to update the progress as thing move from base boards to a model railroad.
Happy modeling to all
Chris 
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 02:43:14 AM by Loco Chris »
Happy Model Railroading
Chris

my flickr photos http://www.flickr.com/photos/74212179@N05/

Batey

• Fireman
    • View Profile
Re: Another new one just starting Hon3 from Australia
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 05:41:35 PM »
Hi Chris,

Nice to have another aussie member on board. There are a few here and there. Im located in sydney. How about yourself?
Its nice to see Hon3 is starting to get a bit more of a following in aus.
Nice to have a look at some of your photos on flickr to.

Not modeling much myself at the moment since im focussing on other pursuits but im sure ill be back at the desk soon.
Cheers Adrian

HOn3 Logging Modeler from Down Under

ng492

• Brakeman
    • View Profile
Re: Another new one just starting Hon3 from Australia
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 09:48:06 PM »
Welcome Chris!
Look forward to see your progress!
Enjoy
Blake

Loco Chris