Author Topic: Alamosa & Antonito  (Read 2338 times)

marklinsa

• Yardman
    • View Profile
Alamosa & Antonito
« on: August 14, 2013, 07:08:17 AM »
I need some help please. I am looking for the yard layout of both Antonito & Alamosa. I have found some references on the web but not a good complete diagram - i canít justify buying available literature at this stage. Can anyone assist?

Thanks
Herman Steyn
herman@rula.co.za
Herman Steyn
Weltevreden Park
South Africa
herman@rula.co.za

railtwister

• Yardman
    • View Profile
Re: Alamosa & Antonito
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2013, 07:51:13 PM »
Hi Herman,

Sorry for the belated reply. Have you tried Google Maps or Google Earth to get an aerial or satellite view of the yard? Of course that won't do you much good if you are only interested in how things looked 50 or 100 years ago. For that info you might try the NMRA library in Chattanooga. They may have some copies of insurance maps from the time period you are interested in.

Bill in FtL
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 03:52:57 PM by railtwister »

yrnmb

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 02:50:36 PM »
Herman,

The University of Colorado at Boulder has an online collection of Sanborn fire insurance maps that show the track layouts for what you're looking for. I can't guarantee they're exact, as they were made to show buildings mainly (at least that's my understanding). If you Google "univ of colorado boulder sanborn map collection" and click on the fourth link listed, it'll take you to the right place. Then click on "browse Sanborn fire map insurance collection" and you'll be there. Hope that helps.

marklinsa

• Yardman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 06:51:55 AM »
Thanks a lot - i used google for the current track layout and will try the Sanborn maps for earlier track layout
Herman Steyn
Weltevreden Park
South Africa
herman@rula.co.za