Author Topic: Newbie from Germany  (Read 1146 times)

mymrr

• Yardman
    • View Profile
Newbie from Germany
« on: September 30, 2013, 11:21:26 AM »
Hi,
I was given the name Michael a rather long time ago ;-) 
Staying young at heart though I decided to change my focus in the hobby last year.

It was then only a short step to selling off all my old stuff, joining Fremo (www.fremo-net.eu), meeting some friends with the same interests in their US division, and starting to build a freelanced modular railroad in HOn3 based on the southern parts of the RGS. I am strictly sticking to scratch building as much as possible, so I chose the gradual line of progress (the route is the fun) :D.

Why the heck an American narrow gauge prototype that is fairly inaccessible from where I live? IMHO Galopping Geese are the best critters that have ever been invented, they are the best proof of the general atmosphere of best efforts in combination with an outstanding ambient landscape.

So let's have fun
/Michael
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 11:47:03 AM by mymrr »

yrnmb

Re: Newbie from Germany
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 01:39:49 PM »
Welcome aboard Michael. It's good to see someone modeling the southern part of the RGS. It seems 9 out of 10 RGS model railroads focus on the northern half. I agree that the Geese have a lot of "character" and that's a big reason I got into narrow gauge myself, the layouts have so much more character than standard gauge. Good luck with your modeling, I hope to see some of it on here.