Author Topic: PECO Code 70 HOn3 track & switches?  (Read 3215 times)

SundayNiagara

• President
  • Conductor
    • View Profile
PECO Code 70 HOn3 track & switches?
« on: February 08, 2014, 05:23:06 PM »
Has anyone used this stuff, or does anyone know anything about it?
Mark

bullbrauch

• Brakeman
    • View Profile
Re: PECO Code 70 HOn3 track & switches?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 02:39:59 PM »
I bought a couple to test.  They look very nice and BS K-27's go through without a hitch in all directions.  I dont have them installed anywhere yet, I've only bench tested them so I cant speak to durability with a tortoise or other switch machine installed but we've had very good luck with HO SG peco switches at the museum.
Brandan

trainman2

• Yardman
  • Ft. Worth, Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 02:26:33 PM »
I have never used Peco track and switches, I have used Shinahara track and switches (HOn3) before with much success, that was 20 years ago, my new layout will have Micro-Engineering track and switches. The only reason I went with MC was they said that their switches were DCC ready and that it got good reviews, but then again I find out most who like any of the three manufactures products are perfectionist and have no problems with either.

John

SundayNiagara

• President
  • Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 06:41:04 PM »
It's been said numerous times that, NONE of the turnouts are truly DCC ready.  I believe PECO provides the wiring.

Batey

• Fireman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2014, 10:30:11 PM »
It's been said numerous times that, NONE of the turnouts are truly DCC ready.  I believe PECO provides the wiring.

Unless you make your own.... But im sure that doesn't count. It is actually easy to do with fast tracks jigs and is another skill to learn.
Cheers Adrian

HOn3 Logging Modeler from Down Under

rhelmod

• Yardman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2014, 07:22:19 PM »
Sorry to open back up this thread but Im seriously considering using either Peco HON3 code 70 turnouts with Unifrog or the Micro Engineering Code 70 turnouts. I have not seen any of the pecos in person but have seen the ME turnouts. My friend says you have to file the guard rails on the ME turnouts to make them work. Both are claimed to be DCC friendly without modifications. What mods are you doing if any to use them with DCC. How well do Blackstone engines C19 and K27s go through them? What are your suggestions. Are the Pecos worth the extra 10 bucks?
Bob

SundayNiagara

• President
  • Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2014, 10:14:58 PM »
No need for the apology because we all need more info on these products.

trainman2

• Yardman
  • Ft. Worth, Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2014, 12:04:43 PM »
I never said it was plug and play, but it's this, http://www.wiringfordcc.com/switches_ME_BK.htm

John