Author Topic: Model Annimation  (Read 1315 times)

Batey

• Fireman
    • View Profile
Model Annimation
« on: March 03, 2014, 10:54:24 PM »
Hey guys im wondering if there are any members who have done any animation for any models?

With this new project layout / Diorama of mine im intending  to add some type of animations to add to the interest of the layout.
When i was looking into point motor controls (mentioned in another thread) i looked at using Lm555 timing ICs to control a servo motor.
I thought that if i get the circuit to work for servo control so i can get it to move 180 degrese i can do any number of small animations with the circuit for a few dollars.

Here are some ideas i have at the moment.
  • Water tank spout raise and lower with a pulley system to a servo with a wheel below the layout.
  • Dock crane. an easy 90 degree pivot on a loading dock. could have the crane mounted on the servo directly or have a linage system set up.
  • opening and closing of doors on buildings
  • operation of the shotgun carriage on my saw mill. Now this one will be complicated i think but ill see what i can work out when it comes to building the mill)

While on this subject of animation has anyone animated a fire some how. Im after a simple circuit to make a LED flash randomly and maybe have a barrel heater in a workshop or something. Any ideas?
Cheers Adrian

HOn3 Logging Modeler from Down Under

Batey

• Fireman
    • View Profile
Re: Model Annimation
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 11:05:28 PM »
Found something to simulate a camp fire circuit.

http://www.fnbcreations.net/Articles/FIREFLICKER.pdf

Cheers Adrian

SundayNiagara

• President
  • Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 10:23:35 PM »
Do you know this guy Laurie, the MMR from Australia?  He does a lot of this stuff.
Mark

Batey

• Fireman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 11:12:42 PM »
Hi Mark,
Yeah i haven't actually met him but have looked at many of his videos. He does do some fantastic work. I find a lot of it is with DCC programming though and im looking at options to stay away from any type of programming.

I do have a bunch of servos and motors that should turn up at home today and i will be working on some circuits to test some things out. I think the easiest one will be making a crane rotate 90 degrees (maybe more) and possibly raise and lower it. Fingers crossed my stuff arrives today because i want to have a go at this.
Cheers Adrian

Batey

• Fireman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 08:09:32 PM »
I had a bunch of cheap servo motors turn up last night. Didn't get a chance to have a play but i will this evening.
I want to work on a crane moving on a dock. Just the rotation but i will see how i go.
Cheers Adrian