Author Topic: New pics of the D&RGW layout, update  (Read 1925 times)

trainman2

• Yardman
  • Ft. Worth, Texas
    • View Profile
New pics of the D&RGW layout, update
« on: April 24, 2014, 10:10:36 AM »
http://s1233.photobucket.com/user/iratrainman/library/
Now that I have gotten this far I will probably slow down some because it's summer time here in Texas and I have plenty of work to do around the house. I did get to where I wanted to be so I'm happy to be this far along for the time being. I did get some bridge kits to put in place and now trying to decide on what to do for a turntable, I think I will go with the Fireside Models Kit #FB-200 and scratch build the rest to fit the kit. I don't care about any powered turntable as I'm a builder and not so much a runner, ok I'm probably what you call a rivet counter, or at least every other rivet. Do notice I did put a stripe of wood 1'x2' around the edge of the layout, I took a router and cut a 1/4" groove in it and this is where I will slide my Masonite cut to fit the edge of the layout when I start to do scenery work. I also got the backdrop wall installed, this is to divide one side from the other and it will let me do two different scenes if desired, I like having that option. Later, John   

Batey

• Fireman
    • View Profile
Re: New pics of the D&RGW layout, update
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 07:34:29 PM »
looking fantastic. Super jealous of your railroads space.
Cheers Adrian

HOn3 Logging Modeler from Down Under