Author Topic: This forum is not getting any new post, It's Dead  (Read 1842 times)

trainman2

• Yardman
  • Ft. Worth, Texas
    • View Profile
This forum is not getting any new post, It's Dead
« on: May 20, 2014, 10:28:58 AM »
I look at this forum just about everyday and nothing seems to happen. Maybe it is because it's summer time and modelers are too busy doing other things around the house. I know for myself that it is true for me, but I still look at this forum just about everyday and would like to join in on some post, but no one even post. This forum is setup very nicely and other HOn3 modelers should be joining in, but they just don't. I myself have two other modelers that model in HOn3 that I talk with on a weekly basis, so this is my only place to go to get information, well not the only place. I don't know how to get the word out about this forum to attract more members, but usually word of mouth is the best way. I'm going the Narrow Gauge Convention in Kanas City in September, I will pass the word on in conservation. Maybe an ad in the KCNGC program might help to attract some members, it would hurt. I would like to thank the administrator of this forum for the nice job he has done with this forum and hope that someway the members can help him push forward and get this forum going.

John

SundayNiagara

• President
  • Conductor
    • View Profile
Re: This forum is not getting any new post, It's Dead
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 11:13:10 AM »
The best place to tell people about these forums is in the Yahoo group.  My posts are moderated and I am not allowed to promote this site.  On the rare occasion where I have a post get through, I pick up members.,  All of you members here, many who are members of the group need to put our URL into your posts.  That's the best way I know of to get this place cranked up. 

ng492

• Brakeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2014, 10:47:38 AM »
I really don't consider this forum dead. I usually check the forum at least once a day, to see if their's any new topics. I feel like if you give it about a month, the number of post will pick up. Everyone is so wrapped up in their son/daughter/grandson/granddaughter's graduation, summer trips, and if your a student like me, finals right now that they don't have time to post ..... I know i'm probably the only one on here young enough to still deal with finals :)
I'm slowly working on my layout, but nothing that important to update the forum about. I will be posting some more videos from Texas State later this week when I have time to upload the video to youtube.
Enjoy
Blake

Batey

• Fireman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 10:08:52 PM »
Im still around here now and then. Im building a new home at the moment so any layout plans and the rest of the stuff is packed away as i have 4km of farm fencing to finish and a barn to put up. Oh and i need to convert a 20 foot shipping container into a layout room :-)
Cheers Adrian

HOn3 Logging Modeler from Down Under

SundayNiagara

• President
  • Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2014, 08:24:38 AM »
All you guys can help.  All you need to do is what I asked in my previous post.

vedearduff

• Yardman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2014, 12:08:06 PM »
I've had to keep modeling on the back burner for a while, but that is about to change.

I'll add the URL for this site to my signature for the yahoo groups I'm a member of, but I doubt I'll be active on any of them due to the changes to the yahoo interfacce.

I'll also spread the word, where I'm allowed, on the other fora I frequent.
Vernon

Modeling the D&RGW in 1940