Author Topic: Hon3 Box Cab or Center Cab on Bahmann 7-0 Ton mech.  (Read 1327 times)

Batey

• Fireman
    • View Profile
Hon3 Box Cab or Center Cab on Bahmann 7-0 Ton mech.
« on: July 02, 2014, 08:20:13 PM »
For some time now i have been contemplating this.

I built a few modified bachmann 70 ton locos converted to hon3. Not a big fan of the look of the 70 tonner and want to do something completely different.

Im hoping that i can get some inspiration from you guys to produce a box cab locomotive or a centre cab locomotive.
I want to start with brass etchings to produce a master then possibly cast the loco shells in polyurethane with add on brass details like grills etcetera. Is this something that member here might be interested in seeing on the market?
Cheers Adrian

HOn3 Logging Modeler from Down Under

trainman2

• Yardman
  • Ft. Worth, Texas
    • View Profile
Re: Hon3 Box Cab or Center Cab on Bahmann 7-0 Ton mech.
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2014, 08:45:44 AM »
I think what you are doing is fine for you, but personally I don't think the manufactures would ever produce an HOn3 Box Cab. The popular scale today is On30 for small railroads where you can do what you want as to what type of layout you want and Box Cabs are very popular in this scale. HOn3 is probably 75% D&RGW modelers and the rest are variation of this. The only diesels that I would ever see coming to HOn3 would be, a D&GRW #50, or a WP&Y diesel and from what I have seen the WP&Y stuff sell better in "G" scale. Good luck with your customizing and scratch building, sometime this is the only way you can get what you want.

John