Author Topic: So I caved in and got a C-19  (Read 1776 times)

Batey

• Fireman
    • View Profile
So I caved in and got a C-19
« on: September 05, 2014, 02:07:45 AM »
Ive had a nice westisde brass C-19 for a few years. An exceptional detailed loco but the motor was no good when i got it and ive never been able to revive its running ability.

So ive recently been selling so on30 stuff and i caved in this afternoon and bought myself a new Blackstone C-19 un lettered. I figure with all the frustration ive been going through to get the other one in operation i should save myself the stress and ejoy the hobby and just buy one.

Now to wait by the post box untill it turn up :-)
Cheers Adrian

HOn3 Logging Modeler from Down Under

Sir Madog

• Yardman
    • View Profile
Re: So I caved in and got a C-19
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 03:30:47 AM »
I am jealous - just plain jealous!
The C-19 is high up on my wish list!
Cheers!

Ulrich

"People in Hamburg donīt tan, they rust!"

trainman2

• Yardman
  • Ft. Worth, Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 11:53:20 AM »
Pretty much true of old brass locomotives, but todays engines of Blackstone quality has given us all a good reason to model again, and in HOn3. I modeled in HOn3 back in the day when Westside engines were the best, but by today standards they are hard to upgrade to make them anywhere close to a Blackstone engine. Plus the cost of upgrading just doesn't work out, money not well spent. I would personally take my Westside engine and use it as a static display on your layout, would look great and still have the value of a brass engine.

John

Batey

• Fireman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 07:58:46 PM »
My C-19 turned up yesterday. What a surprise when it had a sound decoder in it. I wasn't expecting that for some reason :-)
Cheers Adrian

HOn3 Logging Modeler from Down Under

sc0ch

• Yardman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2014, 09:16:49 PM »
The Blackstone C-19 is so quaint!  Just got a Blackstone K-27 and it's about a third larger in every respect.  Almost looks like another gauge.  Quite a surprise.