Author Topic: Blackstone Track  (Read 1362 times)

Batey

• Fireman
    • View Profile
Blackstone Track
« on: September 16, 2014, 11:58:44 PM »
Anyone tested the blackstone track?

Wondering if its worth ordering a loop to use as a test track i can set up on the dinning table from time to time.

Also any idea if they are producing points in the future. I seem to remember they were going to but not sure if it has eventuated. it would be a great system for module construction.
Cheers Adrian

HOn3 Logging Modeler from Down Under

Sir Madog

• Yardman
    • View Profile
Re: Blackstone Track
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 11:08:04 AM »
It says on their homepage, that they are currently designing turnouts to go with their track. Actually, I quite like the Kato Unitrack. With a dab of paint and ballast it can look nice.

The layout was built in mini-modules, each module connected to the next one through the Unijoiner - worked nicely!

If Blackstone markets turnouts soon, this might be a way to go for me.
Cheers!

Ulrich

"People in Hamburg donīt tan, they rust!"

ng492

• Brakeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 12:52:36 PM »
Great track. I bought it to run my Blackstone on until i got my layout running and worked great. It's well worth the price!
Enjoy,
Blake

Batey

• Fireman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 08:02:06 PM »
Thanks guys. Im hanging out for the turnouts. Bu i do need a test loop since i have a bunch of motor projects under way that will need running in.

Im not sure if there is module groups over your side of the world but some time ago there were a bunch of Australian n scale modellers doing table top modules using the Kato stuff. Was really cool to see them turn up and set up a buch of trestle tables and connect all these mini modules together.
Cheers Adrian

HOn3 Logging Modeler from Down Under