Author Topic: NNGC 2015!  (Read 1855 times)

ng492

• Brakeman
    • View Profile
NNGC 2015!
« on: September 23, 2014, 12:17:08 AM »
Just in case you haven't see the website yet for the National Narrow Gauge Convention in 2015, it is officially up! If you haven't heard, the convention will be in Houston!!!! My layout will hopefully be open and my dad's layout will most defiantly be open! Here's the link for the convention http://www.frolin.net/nngc/index.html and if you haven't see the preview video check it out at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYvciu1W6F8&list=UU1YjFVAfd4O1AhaUAajCaZg. It is 9 minutes long, but it's well worth it. The layouts on the video in order are Barry Bogs (Gn3/G) (My dad's layout), Craig Brantley's On3 Layout, Chuck Lind's On3 Layout, Paul Cezak's On3 Layout, Eddie Carroll's Incredible HO/HOn3 Layout (If you haven't been here, it's well worth the trip. 1 round trip on the HOn3 sections takes a good 3 hours going fast), Craig Raymond's Sn3 Layout, and last but certainly not least Gil Freitag's Incredible HO/HOn3 (Stoney Creek and Western Railroad).
I look forward to meeting and seeing a lot of y'all at the convention!
Thanks,
Blake Bogs

trainman2

• Yardman
  • Ft. Worth, Texas
    • View Profile
Re: NNGC 2015!
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2014, 01:30:44 PM »
I plan on coming to the Houston NNGC and bring a couple of my RR buddies with me. My layout should be up and running by the end of this winter (HOn3). Would like to see your father's layout maybe it might get me going on my G Scale stuff that is all in boxes, sometimes I look in the boxes just to see if the engine and rolling stock is still in there. Hope to meet several railroaders there and enjoy their layouts as well as everything else that convention offers. See you there.

John
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 05:08:51 AM by trainman2 »

BrianM

• Yardman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 01:40:35 PM »
I registered at the NNGC 2014 (my first NNGC after putting it off for many years) and really look forward to next year's event in Houston.  Although I'm interested in all things narrow gauge I'm in HOn3 so I will be putting those layouts at the top of my tours itinerary.

Anybody here going to Expo 2015 in Scranton March 2015?

ng492

• Brakeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2014, 04:58:59 PM »
You really can't go wrong with a lot of the layout's in Houston. The best HOn3 layouts in Houston are Jim Lemmond, Eddie Carroll, and Gil Freitag. Allow at least an 1-3 hours for Eddie's and Gil's. I guarantee you, you will not go home unsatisfied!
Enjoy,
Blake