Author Topic: New to the forum  (Read 846 times)

Barry T

• Yardman
    • View Profile
New to the forum
« on: October 14, 2014, 01:02:49 PM »
My name is Barry Thomason and I live in middle Tennessee, USA. I am a narrow gauge addict, and have mostly Fn3 equipment. That said, I do have a few pieces of Nn3, HOn3, and On3. I started collecting G & F scale in 1994, have mostly 1:20.3 locos and rolling stock now. A lot of AMS. I have re-lettered several pieces, mostly stock cars, and MOW flats, plus turning a painted & unlettered Bachmann frameless tank car into a Gramps.

I am seriously contemplating a diorama in HOn3, since Blackstone has been so cooperative in making their great rolling stock and loco's. I now have 9 pieces of rolling stock of all different types in HOn3, and look forward to the release of Blackstone's K-28's next year. I may have to get one of their K-27's, too.

BTW it's D&RGW all the way through all the scales for me. Having ridden the D&S back in 2006, I just appreciate the beautiful scenery and simplicity of that route and my diorama would reflect some portion of it.

trainman2

• Yardman
  • Ft. Worth, Texas
    • View Profile
Re: New to the forum
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 11:09:05 AM »
Look at Rockwood on the Silverton Route, the wye and the Rockwood Cut would make a nice diorama, plus right past the Rockwood Cut is the High Line area, another great diorama scene to do. I've ridden my motorcycle out of Durango many times to this area, just because of the scenery and walk the area for all the great views. My Avatar is at Rockwood with two K-28's coming through. 

John