Author Topic: PSC D&RGW fishbelly bulkhead flat  (Read 1845 times)

Lateral-G

• Yardman
    • View Profile
PSC D&RGW fishbelly bulkhead flat
« on: December 30, 2014, 12:18:13 PM »
I picked one of these up a few days ago from Narrow Gauge Colorado......not a bad kit.

all ready for paint.....

And all painted, ready to go....

Only issue was with the trucks furnished in the kit. They are crap, lots of rolling resistance and they do not mount to the bolster bar at all, there's no clearance for the screw shoulder on the truck screws as provided by PSC so the truck cannot pivot worth a damn. I ended up using some spare Roundhouse HOn3 trucks I had in the spares box that I picked up years ago. They may be the wrong style (archbar vs bettendorf) but at least they are the correct wheel spacing. The car rolls very freely and the trucks can swivel which is what I want more than total scale accuracy. I used Kadee #713 couplers.

Some screw ups by me not paying attention to assembly as well as some decal issues with Solvaset application and being in a hurry. But from 3ft away I can live with it. I have another kit I'll put together in the future.

Hope you guys like.

Batey

• Fireman
    • View Profile
Re: PSC D&RGW fishbelly bulkhead flat
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 01:25:39 AM »
FAntastic looking build. Im about to start 2 PSC Gramps Tank Cars. Going to be the first of my PSC kits
Cheers Adrian

HOn3 Logging Modeler from Down Under

Barry T

• Yardman
    • View Profile
Re: PSC D&RGW fishbelly bulkhead flat
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 05:20:35 PM »
Excellent looking model!