Author Topic: new in the yard  (Read 868 times)

Art

• Yardman
    • View Profile
new in the yard
« on: September 29, 2015, 07:45:53 PM »
Hi
My name is Paul Williams and I go by the name of "Art" (that's my middle name). I have been out of RR for several years and just got the bug again and will be working in HOn3, I have the Idea that I will build engines by re gauging HO. Work has begun on this project.
I have also built several HOn3 cars am presently working a HO Bachmann "bobber" frame into a HOn3 tender.
Has anyone else worked with this sort of thing in mind?
Art

trainman2

• Yardman
  • Ft. Worth, Texas
    • View Profile
Re: new in the yard
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 10:38:16 PM »
Not many on this forum to converse with, I think it will be harder then you make it sound going from HO to HOn3 as I have been modeling for some 50 years and have done it all. I would consider going to On30, much easier to scale up them down, plus On30 runs on HO track which you all ready have some HO stuff to work with it sounds like. I just returned from the NGC in Houston last month and I was very impressed with a new up and coming scale, HOn30, runs on N Gauge track, but is HO scale. Engines were being made from N Gauge Model Power engines with larger steam engine bodies being built for them, really neat stuff and can be done at 1/3 the cost of Blackstone. Good Luck with what you do, just my thoughts, and welcome to this site.

John