Author Topic: New Guy from Middle Tennessee  (Read 277 times)

CharlieNoble

• Yardman
    • View Profile
New Guy from Middle Tennessee
« on: February 22, 2018, 04:17:43 PM »
Howdy

My name is Ed and I have been interested in Narrow Gauge since the middle 40's.
I've not had much of a chance to build a layout with 20 years in the military and moving here and there. I've settled down in Columbia, TN now and hope to fill my 11 x 19 room with HO and Hon3 something on the order of those lines that ran through Johnson's Tank (Johnson City), Elizabethton and Cranberry North Carolina. At those places I could connect with the early Southern RR, Clinchfield and the ET&WNC.
I see where the rolling stock for the ET&WNC has withered, especially the steam power so hopefully someone will point me toward the design sheet for the 4-6-0 Mogul engines used on this line.

Hope to be here for a while and meet those still active on this forum.

edj

Mark Lewis

• Yardman
    • View Profile
Re: New Guy from Middle Tennessee
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2018, 04:05:30 PM »
Charlie:

Your search for info on the details of the ET&WNC 10 wheelers, should start with getting a copy of ..."Along the ET&WNC- The Ten Wheelers" written by Johhny Grabeal. It contains all you need to know about each locomotive as well as a section on modeling them in HOn3.

You also should pick the brains of those on the ET&WNC Fans, Facebook page.

10 Wheeler #12 is restored and operational at the Tweetsie amusement park in Blowing Rock, NC, Near Boone, NC. Box car #434 is restored and on display in Newton(Hickory), NC at the Southeastern Narrow Gauge & Shortline Museum.

Hope this helps...

Mark Lewis
modeling the D&RGW n.g.- near Hickory, NC